Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Are You Being Bullied Online?
Are you being bullied online? Not sure what to do?
Take a look at these tips!
- Tell an adult you trust if you are being cyberbullied
- Don’t respond or retaliate to bullying messages – it could make things worse
- Block users who send you nasty messages
- Save abusive emails or messages (or texts) you receive
- Make a note of dates and times you receive bullying messages, as well as details you have of the user’s ID and the url.
- Don’t pass on any cyberbullying videos or messages – this is cyberbullying
- If you are bullied repeatedly change your user ID, or profile, and use a name that doesn’t give any information away about you
- Visit bullying.co.uk – this is a website where trained counsellors can support you if you are being bullied, either by chatting online or by calling their free helpline. You can also find some top tips on how to stay safe – http://www.bullying.co.uk/
- You can talk to someone at Child Line or get online safety advice at http://www.childline.org.uk/talk/Pages/Talk.aspx
- http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ is another very useful website for children and young people staying safe online