Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Website Privacy Statement
This Website Privacy Statement covers the cookies, tracking and analytical services offered by Harris Federation through the Harris Federation website and any associated domains.
Cookies are bits of data that are stored on your device and sections of our website would not work without these cookies, so cookies are always switched on when you visit the Harris Federation website.
This privacy statement tells you:
- What analytical information we might collect about you, both identifiable and personally non-identifiable, during a visit to our website, or when making an application;
- How we might use that information as part of our recruitment marketing, job alerts and highly personalised remarketing;
- When we might use your details to contact you about employment opportunities;
- What information of yours we might share with others for legitimate and legal reasons to promote our employment opportunities;
- Your choices about the personal information you give us;
What this policy does not cover
Our services sometimes link to services run by other companies, like Gov.UK, the Home Office, DfE etc. but these companies will have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
Protecting this information
We are committed to keeping your information safe and to do this we use third party software to capture, transfer and store your information with the highest levels of security and privacy.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure so if you have any concerns that your account or personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please contact us immediately.
Storing cookies, analytical and personal information
Some third parties that provide services to us are based outside the European Economic Area. We will only use third parties if we are satisfied with their levels of security. Keep in mind that when you give us personal information it could be being transferred, stored or processed in a location outside the EEA.
Personal information collected
Please refer to our Privacy Notices about why we need your personal information and how we will use it. The information that you give us will depend on your activity on the the website. IT may include for your name, number and e-mail. Device information may include details such as:
- Your computer;
- Your mobile;
- Your tablet;
- Your voice-enabled device.
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers even when you are not signed in to an account. This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address;
- Device ID;
- App ID.
If you do not want to receive personalised e-mails you can unsubscribe. Even if you have turned cookies off, we may still collect information about how you use our website, but it will be anonymous. For example, we would know if you visited a certain or specific web page.
Using this information to contact you
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
- To check with you about any service or activity you've signed up for;
- To answer you when you've contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint
- For marketing purposes;
We will only contact you when we need to or when you have given us permission. We will never contact you to ask for your account password.
Using this information for marketing purposes
We will only send you emails if you agreed to these, but please keep in mind, even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you.
Using this information when advertising through other websites
Even if you do not have an account with us, we might use information that we hold about you to show you relevant and ‘targeted advertising’ through other companies' sites, like Facebook, Google, LinkedIn or Twitter for example. This could be showing you a Harris Federation communication or advertisement, which may be linked to a Harris website you have visited.
If you do not want to see our targeted advertising, you can set ad preferences in your social media account settings.
Shares this information with others
Harris Federation will never sell your personal information, but we do share personal information for legitimate and legal reasons or in these ways:
- When you make something public i.e. like post a comment which the public can see;
- When we use other companies to power our services;
- When we share personal information with our academies;
- When you use another company's service that connects to us e.g. recruitment assessment tools.
In order for us to give you quality experiences and to understand how you are using our services we often use other companies to process your personal information on our behalf. For example, sending you emails about things we think might interest you, or to ask you what you think about our services.
Harris Federation make sure that your personal information is secure as if we were handling it directly. We carefully select these companies, only share with them what they need to do the work and we make sure they keep your information secure.
Harris Federation might also share your information if we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm.
This depends on what information is being referred to. You can request to delete a Harris Federation account at any time. Your account information will be deleted once we have confirmed it is not subject to any legal investigation.
Before deleting information, please be keep in mind:
- We keep a record of how you have used our website, but this information is not personally identifiable and cannot be linked back to you;
- We also keep anything you may have uploaded or commented on.
Using cookies, tracking and website analytics
What are cookies and tracking technologies?
- Cookies are bits of data which are stored in your computer or mobile when you visit a website or app. There are also similar pieces of tracking and analytical information we collect during a visit to our website, or session time when completing a job application.
- To remember information about you, so you do not have to give it to us each time you visit our website or recruitment activity.
- To help us understand how you are using our website so we can make improvements
- To deliver advertising to websites outside of the UK
- To help us personalise your experience by remembering your preferences and settings.
- To find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful.
A number of things on our websites would not work without some cookies, these are referred to as ‘strictly necessary cookies’ and are always on when you visit us. We also use others like functional, performance and advertising cookies to make your experience more enjoyable. We'll only use them if you've agreed, and you can always change your mind.
Be aware that there are some other cookies out there from other companies. These ‘third-party cookies’ might track how you use different websites, including ours. For example, you might get a social media company's cookie when you see the option to share something. You can turn them off via your social media account, these are not controlled by the Harris Federation.
Retention of cookies and tracking information
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so they are there when you come back.
How do I control my cookies and tracking?
- When you first visit us, we will tell you about our cookies and ask you to agree if we can use them. You can always change your mind but stopping all cookies might mean you can't access some features of our website.
- Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
Changes to this statement
We update this statement sometimes. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we will let you know. It might be a notice on our website or an email.
If you do not agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services by deleting your account, and stop giving us any more personal information.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned in this website privacy statement please contact the Harris Federation DPO, details below:
Data Protection Officer, Harris Federation: email@example.com