Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Free School Meals
Free school meals/Pupil Premium Payments are available to all eligible pupils attending Bromley maintained schools.
Since September 2014 primary pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 have received free school meals automatically but it is still necessary for parents of these pupils, who receive one or more of the qualifying benefits listed below, to complete a Free School Meal/Pupil Payment Premium application in order for the child's school to benefit from the additional Pupil Premium funding.
For pupils in all other year groups an application must be submitted to secure both Free School Meals and the Pupil Premium Payment.
Who should apply?
Parents of children aged four or over attending a maintained school in Bromley who receive child benefit for the child/children and one or more of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7400 as assessed by earnings
How to apply;
Apply for free school meals online at https://www.bromley.gov.uk/info/200086/schools_and_colleges/62/free_school_meals.
Alternatively application forms are available from schools or you can download and print a copy of the application form.